li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Radiation....








Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Radiation....

Sorry that I haven't blogged sooner. We have been tired from the early monday morning radiation treatment. I will have to say it was nice getting it over with. Monday I was by myself with Austin. We went to CTRC at 7 am and then had a 9:15 with Patel. Of course as I expected, he needed platelets. So then we headed over the the clinic. We finally left the medical center by 2:30. What a long day but I enjoyed it. Austin has been wonderful to be around. Even though he has been NPO, he really has been in the best of moods. When he can eat and drink, he does and has just been playing, playing, playing.

Today's radiation went well. They started his arm and leg. That will take 11 more treatments and the eye is 14 treatments. We have done 7 of the eye treatments already. So the eye treatment will finish up first. So we are looking at about another two weeks of radiation. Then we will do scans and then move on to transplant. Tomorrow we have a 9 am with Patel and then 11 with radiation. So it won't be to bad tomorrow. We will be heading home early afternoon. Well I am getting tired and need to get some rest. I will try and post again tomorrow.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home