li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Austin's first EMS ride......








Monday, February 05, 2007

Austin's first EMS ride......

Today was Austin's first radiation treatment. He was NPO at midnight. He woke up very fussy but to be expected. His ride was waiting on him. They let me sit on the stretcher with him and then strapped us down. Boy what we go through for our kids! LOL So he didn't fuss much since I was sitting with him. We got to CTRC at 8:30 this morning. We had to wait for awhile. They didn't take him back until 9:30. I was paranoid sitting there waiting with people coughing. Austin was wearing his mask but still. When they took us down to get in the ambulance we had to walk through the children's ER. I was so scared. I held my breath. I am thinking of asking for a mask for myself for our next trip.

Radiation went well. They are doing Tomathearpy (the same machine that he did his radiation on last time). Radiation to the arm has been added to the plan but not sure when they will start on it yet. They have to do the simulation for that. Probably make a cradle for his arm so it is in the same position every time. He was excited to be out of the hospital for a little while. He got to get on the floor (in a isolated room still with his mask on) and play with some toys. We got back to the hospital and they started his platelet transfusion. His platelets are dropping big time. His white count is still 0.2 and ANC is not registering. He had a better night last night and is eating and drinking much better. I will update later on as well.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home