li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Still waiting on radiation...








Thursday, January 25, 2007

Still waiting on radiation...



We had chemo today with no problems and it was a much quieter day. The nurses talked to us a little about what was going on with the little girl. They said they almost lost her. How scary!!! Her airway was closing up. But she was at the hospital and was doing fine but wasn't out of the woods yet. Yes we are still waiting on CTRC to call about radiation. My guess is we will start Monday. We will be finished with chemo tomorrow. YEAH!!! I am not sure we will do some more or not. My guess is yes, Patel will some up his sleeve. Austin has been running around non stop tonight. I finally said it is time to go to bed and get hooked up to fluids. He got dressed in his PJ's but didn't want to get in his bed yet. He sat on the edge of the mattress I sleep on. He was still playing. I hooked up his fluids, gave him so Zofran through his line and then started the benadryl. All of a sudden it hit him. He gave me this look like "I am so tired". So I told him to get in his bed and he crawled into his bed and laid his pretty little head down and drifted off to sleep. Oh how I love IV benadryl. Such and easy way to have a child go to sleep. Well off to bed I go too. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures of Austin with his pull ups on his ankles. He is so silly.

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha those pics are cute. He is so adorable I can't get over it. YEAH for now chemo (for now).

I read up on the little girl in yesterdays entry. (which I obviously missed, cause I just posted the banners on Austin's myspace. Sorry!!) How scary! I'm glad she is okay now. I hope they can come up with something so that it doesn't happen again!!

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home