li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: The waiting game....








Monday, January 15, 2007

The waiting game....

Well they said they would squeeze Austin in at 2pm. 2pm came and went. They did not take him back to MRI until 4:15. He was not happy camper. Around 1:30 he finally fell asleep and slept until they came to get us. They accidentally tried to bring his tray in during lunch which just made him so very angry because he saw the milk on the tray. So I put his favorite movie “Over the Hedge” on and he was happy about that.

They said it will take them about an hour and a half. They are using anesthesia, so he will be asleep the whole time. Then he will recover in the PACU. He will have to be there for thirty minutes. Then we will be back to the room. I have no clue what the game plan is. Especially since the weather is bad. I have my car here so if they say we can go home, we are going since the weather is suppose to be worse tomorrow. Then again Patel might keep us and start chemo. I really don't know. My guess would be stay and do chemo. Really all and all the scans will tell us. If they find any progression then yes I am sure he will stay and start chemo. This could turn out to be a long stay, but we are here and we have to do what we have to do.

Funny thing; you know it is bad when you can direct someone where they need to go at the hospital. These poor parents were clueless to where to find their daughter after surgery. Leave it to me and I will get you there. I took them back to the PACU. I actually found my way out of the maze today down in Sublevel 2. I always get lost trying to get out of there. I ended up on the other side where labor and delivery was but found my way out. I came out a door that I have been wondering what was behind it. Well now I know. HeHe.

Well as soon as I know anything I will post.
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home