li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Morning update....








Thursday, January 11, 2007

Morning update....

Austin did okay last night. He did develop a fever and is still wiggling his toe to get the pulse ox off. He has been very quite and that is hard for me. He loves to be loud. Last night he decided to try and sit up and move to his belly. When he sat up he leaned on me. Poor thing wanted to sleep on me. It is too hard for me to hold him right now. He has tubes every where going from every direction. So I just lean in so he can hug me. I hold his hands a lot. He finally did talk to me this morning. It wasn't "mama" it was "woo" which means Wiggles. He pointed to the TV when he said it. He knew the Wiggles were due to come on soon so he wanted to let me know. They just took his temp and it was 100.2 so they gave him some tylenol. He got blood last night because his red blood cells were 8. His platelets last night were 94 but they decided to wait on giving him platelets because the doctor says 94 is so close to 100. This morning his platelets were 101. So they came up on their own. Patel has been by this morning but they didn't have labs ready so he just checked on Austin and wanted to make sure they were not sticking him with needles. He let them know when Austin only moves his eyes and not his body he is in pain. He was actually shocked that I spent the night last night. Why I don't know. I have never been away from him. The only time was at the hospital when he was first born. He slept in the nursery that first night. So I am not leaving him now. He is sleeping right now. He is having a hard time getting comfortable. I would too if I had so many things attached to me. Well I am going to go rest for now while he is resting and I will probably update again tonight.

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger The Kelleys said...

HURRAY AUSTIN....

I am so glad things went okay. I check the blog constantly for updates you couldn't update enough. LOL
I hope now you can rest and Austin will be out of there in no time.
Keep us informed and if you need ANYTHING please call.
LOVE,
AMY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home