li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Little more info....








Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Little more info....

Tonight I went back and read the blogs that I wrote today and realized I never blogged about what the actual surgeon said. Boy I told you I was writing those fast. After we talked to Patel Dr. Dowski came out to give the final talk. He said that they got out ALL they could see with a human eye. Of course with the nasty beast neuroblastoma, it leaves molecules that we can not see. We experienced this the first time when we took out the one in his stomach. But we radiated the area to make sure we got it and we will do the same again. He said that there was a sticky residue that they found was on the tumor but said it was common. He said they actually had to move the lung to get it out because with the sticky residue it was kind of stuck to the lung. He was happy he didn't have to make the incision into his belly. Oh yes and they did also say it was indeed a tumor. He didn't need the NG tube in his nose. I am sure I will remember more later and tell you. Everything just happened so fast. Sorry.

He did really well tonight with his oral meds. We are staying on top of his meds allergy and antibiotics he had started before surgery. They are giving them orally here. And he takes them like a champ. He doesn't want to have anything to do with his sippy cup, just pushes it away. But he did let me syringe some water to him.

Well I will update more tomorrow.

Elizabeth

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, Jason....we are very happy things turned out as well as they did yesterday. You guys are tough. Keep up the fight. We love you.

Jeff and Misty

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear how well Austin's surgery went!! That is fabulous news! God answers our prayers and there sure are a lot of people praying for Austin right now. Way to go little guy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home