li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Come on Counts...








Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Come on Counts...


Austin's counts are slowly coming up. They are still very low. But at least they are not a big fat zero. We go back tomorrow knowing he will need platelets. They didn't want him to go to the clinic today with counts that low being exposed to flu and RSV since you have to go through the hospital to get to the clinic. Today Patel was not there and Patsy didn't have any new treatment plan information, which I figured. We do know Patel made a call to a surgeon and to Dr. Eng who was Austin's Radiation Oncologist. This is the doctor we have seen at CTRC for radiation to the spot where the main tumor was. I am not sure if Patel thought of it (I am sure he was) but I mentioned this to Patsy on Thursday before we got out of the hospital as a possible option for his tumor. So she said she would talk to Patel about it. She wasn't familar with it. Patel was very worried about Austin having radiation to his stomach because he was afraid of radiating other parts of his body. With Toma therapy (which CTRC is the only place in San Antonio that has this machine and they have only had it a year now) they can target very small areas without touching other parts. So this may be an option. We will see. Hopefully we will get to talk to Patel tomorrow. Another big thing that Patsy and I talked about was his CT scan he just had. Patel and Patsy both didn't not feel that the results were written correctly and Patel has requested them to be redictated. She said it basically said No change but no mass. Which they figured it meant no change in the existing tumors but no new tumors but said it wasn't very clear. So hopefully we will know more about that tomorrow too. We go back tomorrow at 9 and I am sure we will be going over to the clinic to get platelets. Patsy is also watching a spot on Austin finger. She thought it might be herpes once again but I told her that either the day we had to go to the hospital or the day before he hurt is finger and I don't know how. I just saw some skin missing and it was bleeding only a little bit. I never could find where he hurt it. He never cried. I cleaned it up and when we were admitted to the hospital I showed them the cut and they said nothing. It is taking a lot of time to heal and I guess she is worried about infection. So we have to soak it in Epsom Salt and but a prescription cream on it. We will see how it does. Well I can't believe it is Tuesday and tomorrow is already the middle of the week! hehe
Happy 1st birthday to Cousin Emily!!!! I can't believe you are one already!!!!
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Austin, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your counts continue to come up and that you feel fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home