li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Good old Platelets








Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Good old Platelets


Austin's platelets were at 30 today so they went ahead and gave him a transfusion. It was nice to go see and talk to Delores. The time actually flew by. She reassures us that if we have to be in the hospital on Christmas that she will be working the floor. That makes me feel good. So if we have to be there at least are favorite nurse will be around. We are still praying it doesn't happen. But I just wait. I feel any day now a fever can pop in. I am forever checking his forehead to see if it is warm. His white count is still zero. ANC doesn't even register. Today Austin wore his santa suit to the office. He got some many looks from people as we walked up to the office. The staff went crazy over him. They were all upset they didn't have a "working" camera. They all tried taking pictures of him with their camera phones. So they all asked if I had a picture of him in his santa suit to give them. I said of course. So the one posted is the one I will have to print up for them. I will do a bunch because they will all want one. Austin has been feeling pretty well these days. He is quietly playing right now. But that won't last long. He has been learning to work the VCR and nearly has broken it. I think I am going to have to move it. We talk about Santa coming and he gets real excited. We also talk about what Santa might bring. When I tell him "maybe Bob the Builder and Wiggles" he starts to sing. Well the quietness only lasted five minutes. Now he is banging his cars on the floor and saying "Good God". Silly boy. We go back Friday for blood counts and hope his counts are up and no fever.

Elizabeth

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little santa. Austin's beautiful smile is the best present.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little santa. Austin's smile is a wounderfull Christmas present.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home