li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: "Good God"......








Monday, December 18, 2006

"Good God"......

Yeah that is what Austin would say to his counts today. They hit rock bottom again. My son seemed to pick up from me the "good god" saying. At least it isn't a bad word. It started with the phone ringing. We get so many telamarketing calls and I would look at the caller Id and say "good god". So now when the phone rings you hear Austin say "good god". Too funny. About Austin's counts, the are once again so low they are not registering. "Zero" is what Patel said today. So the chances of a fever happening are high, so prayers are needed. We don't want to be in the hospital for Christmas, I don't think anybody does. We thought this Christmas would be so fun, since he understands more. If we end up in the hospital for Christmas, we will just have Christmas when we come home. At least Austin is still young enough to not know the actual day. So when I got the news that there was a chance of going to the hospital this week. I finished the Christmas shopping. I worked on getting it wrapped but forgot to buy more wrapping paper. Darn. So tonight after dinner I will get wrapping paper and finish wrapping. I am not going to put them out under the tree yet, not sure if Mr. Austin will get in to them. His friend A.J. seems to be unwrapping presents and making his mommy rewrap them. I am sure Austin would do the same. So I will have everything wrapped and put in big garbage bags. Hehe.

Even though Austin's counts are down doesn't keep Austin down. He has been running around all day, with a little nap, hoping he will go to bed early tonight. Seems to be eating and drinking well to. We stated back on his shots today and I am sure that will go on for awhile.

Well I decided to share with you Austin's Christmas picture. A couple of weekends ago Austin had a surprise visitor come to visit him. His own personal Santa!!! Last year I didn't attempt take him to sit on Santa's lap due to germs. Just didn't think it would be a good idea. This year we were lucky enough to have Santa come to visit Austin. Well Austin didn't care for Santa at first. He had to change out of his Santa suit and make friends. Then he watched Santa get dressed and was okay with this. Can you guess who Santa is???? I will give you a hint, he was also the clown at Austin's party!!!! LOL Shhhh.....Don't tell the kids!!! Our little secret!!!! So yes mommy got her wish, a picture of Austin on Santa's lap. I have to say it came out well. I even got one with the dogs!!! I think next year we will rent him out!!!! hmmmm a personal Santa that comes to your house!!! I think that is a great business!!!!! Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do. Like Angela says (Christi Thomas' mom) "these pictures I will always cherish".

Austin and his personal Santa

Austin's dogs Gizmo and Abby with Santa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home