li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: ANC Still ZERO








Tuesday, December 26, 2006

ANC Still ZERO

No going home yet. Austin's bone marrow still hasn't recovered from treatment. All cultures are still coming back negative. His mouth has a few sores which we think could be herpes. Patsy said when your counts are so low that herpes tends to pop out. So Austin has had to be on pain meds. It worked so we know he is having some pain. He is also still very aggressive when they do his vitals. Patsy feels it is terrible twos. She said she would rather see him that way then not. Knowing he is on track with his development. He is still asleep right now. I don't want to wake him since it is so quite in here. We were up and down because now Austin wakes up and screams every time they come in to do anything. But he goes back to sleep right away. So that too tells me it is terrible twos. His red cells have dropped to 10 and platelets are 30. He will get a platelet transfusion tomorrow and possibly a red cell too.

Sorry for not blogging yesterday. It was a very hard day. One it didn't even feel like Christmas and two Austin was in such pain from his mouth. He took a four hour nap but still when he woke up was very upset and in pain. So we finally got to give him pain meds. It made him feel back to his normal self. He ate and talked and played. I thought it was going to make him go back to sleep but it didn't.

Since it was Christmas yesterday, no restaurants were open early so for lunch I got hospital food from the cafeteria. HMMMM to find out it was left overs and it was horrible. Austin was served a plate of broccoli. What in the world is going on down there????? Thank goodness for McDonald's opening up for our dinner. I am not too crazy about McDonald's but it sure did taste good last night. Austin ate pretty well himself with the pain meds taking the pain away from his mouth. I guess today I will have them give it to him so he can eat better. I will update at the end of the day to tell you how he did.

Elizabeth

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger The Kelleys said...

I sent you an email on myspace and to your email... Read it about his lips....

AMY

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger The Kelleys said...

I am so sorry that you spent christmas in the hospital. Terrible 2's oh they are enjoyable. AJ has been acting differently also. I keep blaming it on the 2's... Although he is to the hitting stage. He also repeats everything and thinks it is hilarious. He is also using the toilet. We got the little kid toilet that fits into the big toilet and he now takes off his clothes, and diaper and tries climbing up to the toilet... He also loves shredding the toilet paper. Oh its been great. If he is quiet something is going on. LOL

About his lips and the herpes. When I am upset about something or stressed I get them coming up on my lips they say it is heridetary (SOME SAY) but my mom and sister get t hem also, well I was talking to an old old lady a few months ago and I tried this and then my stepson luke and my mom and sister had a few with in the last 2 weeks and it has worked for all of us..
Don't think I am weird but it has worked for us.
Get some vanilla extract, like you cook with and put some on a q tip or your finger and rub it on his lips a few times a day. Usually 1 day, and the next day it isn't there if it is it can take 2 to 3 days if they are really big. For me I can tell you the stuff you buy at the drug store doesn't work it just makes them spread and get bigger.

Also about AJ if you don't listen to what he is saying he will get a little louder the next time..
Let me know if the vanilla works...

LOVE<
AMY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home