li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: We are checked in








Saturday, December 23, 2006

We are checked in


Austin in his Christmas Eve outfit

We got to the hospital around 5:45 and now it is 8:45 and we are all settled in. They had a lot things they had to do with Austin which just made him supper mad, so now he is fast asleep. He is miserable. They gave him tylenol at 6:10 and he still has a fever. He just doesn't want to be messed with. Another down fall to our stay is where are in the transplant wing. Which they have a whole set of "rules". So now I can't eat my meals in here and only two visitors (including me) are aloud in the room at one time. You have to wash your hands before you come in the room (I don't mind that one at all. I think it should be that way for every floor) and last, they have a monitor that they use to do his vitals instead of bringing in a portable vital machine. The thing that sucks about this is it is on the side I have to sleep and so they have to violate me in the middle of the night to get to him. Oh this shall be fun. I can't sleep on the other side of him because the pump is on the other side and they need to be able to get to his lines too. I have to sleep in the bed with him to make sure he doesn't fall out. So we will see how this night goes. I think I am planning on going to bed early. Mentally I am so very tired. I am ready for this stay to be over!! I put a picture of Austin in the outfit he would of worn on Christmas Eve. I didn't want to take a picture of him tonight because he is so cranky and everything is making him mad.
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby!! I am so sorry that you are in the hospital on Christmas!! I bet your mom will still make it a great Christmas for you! :) You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

love, april

http://www.myspace.com/april2220

 

Post a Comment

<< Home