li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Christmas Eve at Methodist Hospital....








Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve at Methodist Hospital....



Austin calling Santa


Austin and Mommy watching Wiggles

Nothing special going on here. We are just sitting here watching Wiggle videos to keep Austin entertained. He has been on steroids starting in the middle of the night so he is very AGGRESSIVE. Not the Austin that we know. I haven't updated sooner because my hands have been full with him. He doesn't want to sit still, screaming and squirming at the nurses, throwing toys and hitting. Oh so fun. The nurse and I had talked earlier about giving him some benadryl to calm him down and to get some rest. So we gave him a little while. Then it was nap time and all of a sudden he was getting more irritable. So the nurse walked in and I asked "do you think we could go ahead and give him benadryl?" The nurse pulled a syringe out of his pocket. He had read my mind. So Austin and I took a LONG nap. Now he is up watching Videos and playing with toys. My family is having the traditional Christmas Eve dinner and Jason then will bring me a plate up to the hospital for me and maybe Austin will eat some. They brought his tray tonight and it was a sandwich and cookies. He only at some of the cookies, go figure.

Patel and Patsy were both up at the hospital this afternoon. Patel came in and said he was sorry that we ended up I think it is he usual fever that he gets when his counts are so low. The teething on top of it didn't help. Well I better go Austin wants me to play trains with him. I will update later.
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are stuck in the hospital!! I hope you get to go home soon. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

<3 april

 

Post a Comment

<< Home