li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Merry Christmas Austin......








Friday, December 29, 2006

Merry Christmas Austin......



Austin fell asleep from the benadryl which is a premed for the platelets

We are going home today!!!! Yeah!!! He has to get platelets, which he is getting right now. That will take three hours and then after that we are out of here. We get to go home and see what Santa left for Austin. He is doing well. I still do not know any info on treatment yet. I don't think we will know anymore until later in to next week. We go back to Patel's on Tuesday and he is not there. Not sure what day we will go after that since we usually go mon, wed, fri. We are guesses tue, wed, fri. We will see.He is starting to get very annoyed at having to stay in bed. I have been letting him stand up in bed and jump. It is great exercise for his legs. All of our movies are getting old. The toys we have here are getting old. This room is getting SOOOOOO old. We will be glad to be home in our own beds. TGIF!!!!! I don't even know his counts right now. I am going to ask a nurse for a copy of them. I am sure they are still low. We will not have any new visitors. It is just too risky right now. We need him healthy so we can stay out of the hospital and continue on with treatment. I hope people understand that. I am not trying to keep everyone from Austin. I just don't want to live in the hospital more then we have to. If Austin got even the smallest cold right now it could be life threatening. Please when everyone feels ill stay away. Even if your not sure just be safe and stay away, that is the best thing to do. Jaosn and I can not afford to get sick either. Thanks for understanding. I will update more when we get home.

Elizabeth

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats on going home! I am sure you are both so excited to be able to go home! Enjoy all your presents from Santa!! Much love and prayers, april

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so cute when he sleeps! (Okay, he's always pretty darn cute) I'm so glad you got to come home. I can't imagine how much the hospital must stink for such a long time. Happy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home