li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Preparing for the big day








Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Preparing for the big day

Well it is 8:41 P.M. at the Akin household and we just ate a late dinner. We don't usually eat this late but we are trying to keep Austin's tummy full since he can not have anything to eat or drink after midnight. Of course you all know what he ate. Yes you guessed it Chick-fil-a. Hehe. Mommy is trying to get all geared up for the stay but I don't seemed to know really what to take this time. I think there is a big chance he will be ICU and I don't know what that is like. Last time he got to stay in PICU. That was similar to our stays on the fourth floor. So no I don't know what to expect. We did end up getting platelets today. A whole unit since we are having surgery. His nurse at the clinic is still in shock about the surgery being tomorrow. She keeps just shaking her head. Well I guess I better go and get things done for tomorrow. I will have my computer so I can update through out the day. I hope to be able to keep everyone informed. Until tomorrow.

Much needed Prayers tonight and tomorrow.

Elizabeth

5 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Austin, you are in my thoughts today. I pray that surgery is successful for you and that recovery is quick and not too uncomfortable. Hugs for Mommy and Daddy too as I am sure they are a little scared. Good luck today!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger The Kelleys said...

Elizabeth,
I hope and pray everything goes well. Austin is a fighter so it won't suprise me if you are in there half the time.

You have very large amount of prayers and love being sent to all of you today as well as everyday.

Give Austin a big hug from us. Sorry we can't be there in person to help you through the hard times.
But we are there in spirit.
Keep us updated.

LOVE TO YOU ALL,
AMY

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger The Kelleys said...

Elizabeth,
I hope and pray everything goes well. Austin is a fighter so it won't suprise me if you are in there half the time.

You have very large amount of prayers and love being sent to all of you today as well as everyday.

Give Austin a big hug from us. Sorry we can't be there in person to help you through the hard times.
But we are there in spirit.
Keep us updated.

LOVE TO YOU ALL,
AMY

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you every day, but especially today....

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a friend Of Kelly and Ryan Bennett. She has asked alot of us to keep you all in prayer, so that is what I shall do. I will be holding you all close in prayer,I hope that you are all safe and all being held closely in gods hands! Lots of love, and many blessings to each of you including the Dr's and nurses who will care for Austin.
Sabrina Rodriguez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home