li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Austin and Bob the Builder








Friday, January 12, 2007

Austin and Bob the Builder


Austin feeding Bob the Builder a cracker

Austin giving Bob the Builder a hug

Austin had a wonderful day. But boy he never took a nap. He didn't go to bed until almost 10 pm. I never thought he was going to go to sleep. He played so hard I thought he would go right to sleep but no. In fact we have had to give him a bunch of pain meds. He woke up a little while ago and I could get him to calm down. His tummy was hard as a rock. So we can him so more pain meds and now he is resting soundly. His tummy is not so hard anymore. I think he was in pain and it was tensing up in his belly.

The surgeons came by today. Both of them Doski and Cofer. They said he looked great. Moved him to a regular diet. The want to take his chest tube out tomorrow. He even talked about him going home Sunday or Monday. BUT Patel already nixed that. Patel has different plans for Austin. He says we will stay and have scans on Monday. Bone scan and MRI for sure. He will call Dr. Eng over at CTRC about getting things ready for radiation. In between he will put Austin on chemo and this chemo will not drop his platelets. He did find out about the tumor that was taken out of Austin. The tumor was maturing. Meaning it was starting to grow. So it was a good thing that they got it out. Praise the lord! I do have a few questions for Patel on some of the treatment and I was told he was on call this weekend. So I am hoping I can talk to him. When I know more about times for scans and more info on treatment I will let you know.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home