li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: "Crossing t's and dotting i's"








Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"Crossing t's and dotting i's"

Austin had his blood drawn today to see that yes it was time for blood. Patsy asked how his radiation went. So I told her we haven't started yet but should start tomorrow. Patel did come talk to us to tell us he has talked to Dr. Eng and Dr. Eng is just checking over things to make sure that all his t's have been crossed and all of his i's were dotted. He said it is hard because he respects him for doing that it is we just need to move on. He is glad we did chemo when we did. He expected delay.

Getting blood takes a while so it makes for a long day. But make great to catch up with the nurses and get other things like insurance things into prospective. Oh yes by the way, Austin has medicaid after all. It was the program that he was under that was terminating. So he is covered. They just changed him to traditional medicaid because I was suppose to get something about changing his plan by mail. Which I didn't. So he will be covered by traditional until his new plan we picked for him goes into effect. I just wonder if he is on the best plan. I told the nurses what plan he was on and they said it isn't that great so I am on the phone right now on hold with Medicaid to see about changing his plan. We will see how that goes.

I got a call today from CTRC that they were still working with the plans for Austin. Looks like radiation will not start until Monday. So I am trying to be patient. Tomorrow we have an appointment with Dr. Dowski's office for follow up from surgery. We weren't sure we were going to be able to go to this appointment due to not knowing when radiation would be scheduled. So now we get to go.

Ok well I have been on hold with medicaid for thirty minutes now, so I guess I will set some more and see what they can tell me.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home