li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: NB 2007 Conference








Tuesday, July 03, 2007

NB 2007 Conference



"Above the Clouds" picture taking outside our plane window on our way home.



Lisa, Amanda and I first night at the conference



Sweet Cooper



Amanda and I on the streets on Chicago with and "Angel"


Amanda and I

We had a wonderful experience at the conference this past weekend. I wasn't so sure how I would feel about being there and to be honest at first I thought I made the wrong decision. That feeling changed after the first Angel Parent session. I finally was in a room of people that undstand the pain I am going through. We all could relate to the feelings we are having after losing a child to cancer, and not just any cancer, Neuroblastoma, the evil of them all. Hearing all the courages battles these children had to face lights a fire in me more to fight for a cure. It was hard seeing little bald boys running around and listening to parents talking about new treatments but that didn't keep me from wanting to find a cure. As they reminded me of Austin's fight.

We did finally get to meet the Cates Family and I really enjoyed talking to Lisa, Jason and watching Cooper smile. When Cooper sees pictures of Austin he gets the biggest smile on his face. I could only imagine the look on his face if Austin was able to be there to meet him. They would of had a good time.

My brain is still going ninty to nothing with all this information that I want to share on how we can help. Soon I will post ideas that I will like to accomplish to help raise money one to help find a cure for Neuroblastoma and two, to help to see about getting funding to have the conference every year instead of every two years. I feel two years going by is a long wait for an NB parent to be without new information on treatment. So we will see what we can come up with to help them.

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I am so proud of you girls. Can't wait to see your ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home