li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: 2 months have gone by...








Wednesday, June 06, 2007

2 months have gone by...

Wow it has been two months since Austin has passed away. Today it seems like forever. Today my mother and I went to Macy's and was so surprised to see a sign for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. How wonderful. Macy's is one their sponsers. It was nice to see that. I am still having my good and bad days and some days I ask why him. I miss him more then ever and really feel lost without him. I am trying to do what I think he would want me to do and that is to move on with life. It is hard. All I want to do is sit here and hold him but I can't. I do believe he is around, his spirit that is. Little things happen and I know it is him. He is keeping me strong and helping me live each day. I use to wake up every day for him and now that he is gone I think, why get up, but I do. I know he would be so mad if I laid in bed all day. There are some times I can feel what I think is him nagging at me to get up. LOL. Well I better get to bed. I have a big day tomorrow. I have job interview.

Elizabeth

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think of Austin everyday. He really touched my heart. Good Luck with your interview.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Elizabeth, I think of Austin a lot. My sister, Jeanne, replaced you while you took leave @ the dentist office, & she kept me informed. I believe that the day I received a Team In Training postcard that this was Austin's way of helping me to honor his life & help others like him. I still read his websites often. You are doing remarkable. I am glad you see his signs too. I will run for Austin in November here in San Antonio. And I plan to purchase that awesome T'shirt.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Elizabeth, I first learned about Austin from my sister, Jeanne, who took your place @ the dentist. I have followed his websites to stay informed, & can tell you that the sign I got from Austin was a Team in Training postcard. It meant so much to me that I will be running in November for him in the S.A. marathon. This is my way of honoring his life & helping others like him. I hope to one day meet you. You are doing remarkably well, keep up the blogs, it's good for all of us.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

It was a great privilege to meet you at the conference this weekend in Chicago. After reading your words and looking at the pictures, I am so touched by your little Austin! For one moment I cannot imagine the grief you feel or the road that you have traveled. You are forever Austin's mom and I wish all of the suffering could be deleted from all of your lives. Neuroblastoma sucks....no nice way to put it. May every minute you had with Austin hug you in your dreams tonight. I wish I could help...I just don't know how. Please know I am here for you anytime.
Leann Balzac
www.caringbridge.org/visit/bronsonbalzac

 

Post a Comment

<< Home