li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: I Love Austin....








Sunday, May 20, 2007

I Love Austin....



A Myspace friend posted this on Austin page



this is the T-Shirt I bought

Hey all,

I have been home sick all weekend with some kind of stomach bug. I haven't been sick in a long time. That was one of God's blessings, keeping us well for a year and a half. When my stomach hurt so bad I thought about Austin all the days of chemo he went through and how he kept on going and here I only had a stomach bug. He was a true fighter. A true inspiration to us all. Since I have been laying on the couch all weekend all I could do was think of him. How he would of come up to me to give me a hug because I didn't feel well. I know he came to visit me on Friday while i was taking a bath. See when I would go into our bathroom and shut the bathroom door I found that Austin learned to open the door and come in. I had to eventually teach him to shut the door after he came in. He learned quick. While I was taking my bath on Friday the door opened as if it were him coming in. I said come on in Austin. I felt like I could feel him there next to the bath tub. Wow what a moment.

Another NB fighter lost the battle on Saturday. Penelope was four years old. Her cancer had progressed a while back and she still was fighting. I remember reading her blog and thinking, I feel for her parents because the were watching their child die. Little did I know I would do the same a few months later. I read on another NB fighter's blog where her mother wrote "We have watched so many sweet, smart, vivacious, Innocent children die over the years and my heart asks the question why isn't this the topic of every discussion on earth?". I couldn't agree with her more. I think about it all the time and just can't stop thinking about what else can we do? My sister in law and I are going to the Neuroblastoma Conference in Chicago this July and hopefully we can find out more of what we can do. They have a session for Angel parents that I am very interested in going to. We are very excited as well to meet our NB friend Cooper and his parents Jason and Lisa. I feel like I have known Lisa all my life as we have lived the same life for a year and half. Cooper is in remission and right now and is doing very well. Cooper is two weeks younger then Austin and were diagnosed just less then a month a part. The Internet brought us together. Thank God for the Internet.

I have posted for you a picture of a shirt I bought on Friday. I went to the mall to drop of my charm bracelet, I passed by this store that sells Texas Longhorn apparel. I had to do a double take at what I saw in the window. As from the picture you can see what I saw. I walked in picked up the shirt and bought it and I wear it proudly.

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger mp said...

I think it's great yall are going to Chigaco! I hope you find out lots of info and come back and let all of us know. Take care.

Marie

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful dream the other day. Austin and Penelope were chasing butterflies in a field of sunflowers. They were running and playing with each other and they looked so happy and peaceful. It made me feel a little better and I just wanted to share it.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are still checking and reading Austin's blog, we continue to wish you and Jason all the best in your loss, and we also miss Austin.--Love, Jimmy & Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home