li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Obituary








Sunday, April 08, 2007

Obituary


Austin Foster Akin was granted his angel wings on April 6, 2007, at the tender age of two, following a courageous year and a half battle with Neuroblastoma - a childhood cancer. His final days were spent surrounded by family and friends that Austin had touched in some way throughout his short, yet very memorable life. Austin's life would seem too short to many, but those who were touched by him understand that the quality of existence far exceeds the quantity of time in which ones lives. His contagious smile could melt the hearts of those around him and though he only spoke a few words, his voice and thoughts could always be heard. Austin is survived by his parents, Jason and Elizabeth Akin; grandparents Mike and Lydia Lipscomb (Pop and Nannie), Harry and Brenda Akin (Pa and Grandmama); great-grandmother Ima Dee Akin (Mama Dee); Uncle Alan Lipscomb; Uncle Jerry and Aunt Amanda Caperton and cousins Dylan and Emily; Uncle Justin Akin and Aunt Yari Jiminez and cousins Bailey and Brenda; along with our extended family, including Dr. Mahendra Patel, Dr. Michael Grimley, Delores Hagen, and the staff at Children's Methodist Hospital. The family will receive friends on Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 P.M. at Porter Loring Mortuary North.

Service
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
10:00 A.M.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church
16075 N. Evans Rd
Selma, TX

Interment will follow in Holy Cross Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation at www.firstgiving.com/austinsfight.

Your invited to sign the guestbook at www.porterloring.com

7 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything said is so true! I never met Austin but Im a faithfull reader and my heart breaks for your family. I wish i still lived in san antonio so i could attened. But my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! god bless

linds50396@hotmail.com

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Prayers are with you and your family

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thoughts and prayers of myself and my family are with you and yours during this trying time. Austin's story touched so many. You have my deepest sympathy.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth Akin has kept us praying for you, especially during this past week. Grief gips all us, but it is especially poignant when such a precious child as Austin dies. Be sure that we continully remember you to our Lord in our regular prayers.
Paul Hussey

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Austin is in a much better place now and you will see him again someday. I can't imagine how hard it must be on you. He is no longer in pain or suffering.
Elizabeth

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wish I could've been at Austin's service today. I'm still in shock that this all happened so fast. Austin will continue inspiring many as his legacy lives on through everyone who has had the pleasure of knowing about him. Tomorrow will be the celebration of life service for my 14 year old dog Torre that lost her battle against cancer on the same day as Austin went to heaven. I bet their happily playing together while watching over their loved ones. Torre loves little ones just as Austin loves doggies. I take comfort in knowing they have eachother in heaven. *Stay Strong Akin Family!* You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

I thought of you constantly today. It poured down rain all day long, and I think it really portrayed the mood. While I know we must celebrate Austin's inspiring life, it is so hard. I love how his obituary said that the QUALITY exeeds the QUANTITY. This is so true. Austin touched more lives than most people will in a longer life.

Austin will always live on in my heart and the hearts of so many others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home