li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Austin Video








Friday, May 11, 2007

Austin Video


Cousin Dylan, Cousin Emily and Aunt Amanda




Austin's light


It's been hard today but only a few hours more to go and I will make it thought it. You see today is my birthday and all I wanted for my birthday was Austin to be here with me to celebrate. Luckily I have been in Round Rock for the last few days with Aunt Amanda, Uncle Jerry, Cousin Dylan and Cousin Emily to keep me busy. They light up my life.Though it is hard not having Austin there because I know he would love to play with his cousins. He would love to have Uncle Jerry and Aunt Amanda spoil him. It is just so hard that he can't be there but I know it is especially hard for his Cousin Dylan. He talks about Austin all the time. About how Austin's an angel in heaven and has wings. I took the kids on a walk while I was there and Dylan said the sun is gone and I told him it wasn't gone it is up there in the clouds with Austin. Dylan yelled out, Austin give us the sun back. Oh how that made me smile.

Jason and I went to dinner tonight and a few tables over was a little girl who they sang Happy Birthday to and it was her 2nd Birthday. I teared up. Then we were sitting at a table with three chairs. They came by and asked if anyone was going to be sitting in the empty seat and we said no so they took the chair. It hurt. It was hard but I held back the tears the best that I could. But now I find myself at home just letting it all out. I got a message from a blog follower and it said that her grandfather found he had lung cancer on April 3rd and he wasn't going to make it. He died this morning but before he died she was able to talk to him about Austin. She wanted to make sure he found Austin and to make sure he was okay. He said he would find him and rock him to sleep for us. I have never met this man but all of a sudden I could imagine him in this rocker with Austin just a rocking away. So funny how the mind works.

Today I went to the cemetery to visit Austin and make sure his flag was still flying, and it was. Finally they have Austin's light up. I have posted pictures of it for you to see. Also at the end of this entry you will find a slideshow with a song that we sing to Austin up in heaven. Click on the link "Austin's Journey" to watch. Hope you enjoy.

View this montage created at One True Media
Austin's Journey

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome person I have got to know you through your blogs & your myspace...I have so much compassion for you an when I read what you write I am sooo moved after all you have been through you still find the streghth to write on this blog I thank u for that cause it keeps me from just wondering how you are....Please keep strong I know its hard but ou are an awesome Mom an I wish I could be 1/4 of what you are again Thank You..Heather

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day, Elizabeth. Two terribly difficult days in a row. Thinking of you. Remember, FOREVER Austin's Mommy you'll be!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer on this Mother's Day. I know you are aching for Austin and I hurt with you. I didn't know Friday was your birthday. It was my mom's birthday too. She turned 66 and went to Heaven in the wee hours of the morning. I'm not sure how this works, but I'll ask her to look for Austin and to look out after you too. That is special to me that you share a birthday. When you are hurting, try to remember through your tears that Austin was part of your past, but he is also part of your present and future. Take care sweet little momma. Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home