li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Austin's 1st Angelversary....








Sunday, April 06, 2008

Austin's 1st Angelversary....

The day has come. He has officially been gone a year. It's been a quiet day for me. I have just been thinking about him and all of the good memories we have of his short but wonderful two years of his life. There is not much for me to say other then he is missed dearly and will forever be carried in our hearts.

Gizmo, one of Austin's dogs, made me laugh today. I had just picked up the living room and he started bringing out all of his toys. Just like Austin would do. When I laughed at him he just turned and sat and looked at me like he knew what he was doing. In some strange way I think he knows what today is. He seems to be sad just like the rest of us.

One of our friends ran a marathon today in memory of Austin so we will post the pictures from that on here and on his website later on.

I will end with a quote from Abraham Lincoln that makes me think of Austin's life.

"Live a good life.. and in the end, it's not the years in a life, it's the life in the years."

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you guys and we can't imagine your pain. Our hearts are heavy as well. Thank you for all you have done for Lisa. She has found strength in you. God Bless you all and We Love You Austin.

 
At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Austin, thinking of you today and always. I keep imaging what you'd look like now as a big 3 year old and how unfair it is that you aren't physically here... love and miss you little man!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger mp said...

i love that quote. my friend christine uses it in the bottom of her emails.

i hope one day to run a marathon with little austin on my mind too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home