li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Austin's Gift Christmas Luncheon








Thursday, December 20, 2007

Austin's Gift Christmas Luncheon

Hello all,

I am in the mist of working on a luncheon for the kids and families at the hospital for Christmas day. After Austin and I spent Christmas in the hospital last year, I decided never again will I let someone go through what we had to on Christmas Day. The food from the cafeteria was horrible and nothing was open to get anything from anywhere else, and you know Austin, very picky at what he ate. This year I will be taken lunch to the hospital for the all of the families and staff that are stuck at the hospital for Christmas day. We will have Santa there for them to visit with and are wanting to get gifts for the kids. I should be able to get a count, gender and ages of the kids that will be there so I can go shopping for them. The bad thing is I can't really get that info until two days before. It is understandable since they really won't know who will be staying. They try to send as many kids home as possible for the holidays. We are in need of your help. We are hoping to get donations to help buy presents for the kids at the hospital. If you would like to help you can donate through Austin's website. After you have entered the website click on "contact". I do want to warn you that it says if you donate $50 you get an Austin's Fight bracelet, but I am out of bracelets and can't bare to order anymore at this time. I didn't have time to change his page and wanted to get this post up as soon as possible for those that want to donate. Any money that is left over will be donated to the Neuroblastoma Foundation in Memory of Austin.

I want to end this post with a poem I got in the mail today for Sister Stephana from our church. She has been wonderful to us by sending us mail to let us know she is thinking of us. She has followed Austin's Journey from the time he was diagnosed to the end.

My First Christmas in Heaven
I see the countless Christmas trees, around the world below,
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars, reflecting in the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs, that people hold so dear,
but, the sounds of music can't compare, with the Christmas Choir here.
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring
For, it's beyond description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much your miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But, I am not so far away. We really aren't apart.
So, be happy for me dear ones, you know i hold you dear,
And, be glad, I 'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I send you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory from my undying love.
After all, love is the gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always mentioned in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other close as my Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings or the love He has for you.
So, have a Merry Christmas, and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

4 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that idea! I remember you all staying in the hospital last Christmas and just praying that Austin would be healthy and at home for Christmas in 2007. I'm thankful he's now healed but not the way we had all prayed for, Love and miss you Austin!

I just donated to Austin's giving tree :) I'm donating to other NB worrior/angel trees as well.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of You and Wishing You Peace, Comfort and Joy this Christmas Season! God Bless!
Love~Hugs~Prayers from S.C.
Darline

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

I cannot imagine spending such a big holiday in the hospital, but YOU can and know just what the families need. What a wonderful thing for you to do! Those families will feel blessed to have you today.

Merry Christmas!

~Jennifer

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Wow, Liz

You are truly an inspiration for all that is good in the world. I am sure all the families and staff at the hospital over Christmas appreciated all your heartfelt efforts. Peace and love to you and your family this holiday season.

Tiffany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home