li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!








Wednesday, April 02, 2008

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!











Wow... A year has gone by so fast...Our little man would be 3 today!!! Jason and I knew this would be a long week with Austin's birthday and then of course him passing 4 days later. Working has kept me busy and we had a wonderful Chick-fil-a (Austin's favorite) lunch with an ice cream sundae party at work in memory of him. I am surrounded by wonderful people at work that know when to lift my spirits.. I am thankful and very lucky to have them in my life.. After work we went to the cemetery to place flowers from Austin's great grandmother and some balloons... I have just realized that this is the first time I have posted pictures of our headstone..


Austin-


Mommy and Daddy think and talk about you all the time and miss you so much... We know we will reunite with you someday in heaven but know that we need to be here on earth to take care of your little brother, Andrew... There are so many days that go by and I am so lost without you.. You were everything to me and now I feel empty... I know you are giving us a wonderful blessing that is growing in Mommy's belly... I sat in your room last night and just wondered if you were there because it sure did feel like it.... I am learning more and more each day of why you were sent to us and why God wanted us to be your parents... thank you for always loving us with your sweet smiles and big hugs that are missed ever so much.... We love you....


Mommy and Daddy

6 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The headstone is beautiful. I bet Austin was giggling all day seeing how you were spending his birthday - and those balloons to boot!

Thinking of you lots and lots this week. It has to be so so hard.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Elizabeth, I can't imagine how hard everyday must be for you and Jason but we think of all of you often, and can't wait for baby Andrew.

I didn't know you was working, sounds like it has helped being around other people. Please don't be a stranger I miss talking with you.

Happy Birthday sweet Austin, keep sending your mom big hugs.

We love you all.

Amy

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Happy birthday to Austin! It must be so comforting to feel Austin's presence and know that he is with you. Best of luck to you in the rest of your pregnancy. God is giving you another blessing in Andrew.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

God Bless Austin and his family...

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Austin, I bet you and your angel friends had a nice celebration for your 3rd birthday! I can imagine your beautiful smile lighting up the sky. :) I see you sent mommy and daddy signs of comfort on your special day from your room and I hope you send some their way on your angelversary as they need you. I know you're taking care of baby Andrew until he's ready to make his enterance into this world. Love and miss you!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger mp said...

the headstone looks really good. love to see austin's sweet smile.

i'm so happy you have such great people at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home