li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Wake up Austin.......








Friday, March 23, 2007

Wake up Austin.......

Well sorry for the delay in the blogs. How this week went by so fast. We had Thursday off from clinic and it was nice. Austin went to bed at 7pm Wednesday night and didn't get up but once in the night to get a drink. Then he slept to 8:30 the next morning. Can you believe that? Austin slept that long? He had a three hour nap on Wednesday too. So yeah, Wake up Austin. LOL Wednesday he had a good day. He is getting a little bored. If they weather would clear up and stay dry then he could go outside and play. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to go for a ride in the car and go "bye,bye" and he picked up my purse and was at the door. I guess that was a yes.

Today is another story. He woke up with a temp of 99.4. He was punky all day. His feet hurt which is another side effect to the grafting and meds. Grimley said the older kids say there feet are "hot" and the little ones just stop walking. Austin hasn't stopped walking yet just slowly and carefully. They want him to work on his drinking and not worry about his eating so much. He has maintained his weight well so he has a little to give. Grimley gave him an A+ on his rash. He likes what he sees. As long as it comes and goes like it does where are good. If it stays we will have to put him on oral steroids which he doesn't want to do. He came home and took a long nap. When he woke up he was so hot so I took his temp. It was a 100. I was ready to pack the bags thinking we will be at the hospital tonight. A few minutes later I felt him and he was nice and cool. I couldn't believe it so I took his temp. It was 98.2, couldn't believe it came down so fast. I am just watching it closely as to we have to call if gets to 100.5 or higher. Please pray it doesn't get any higher. There is no room on the floor and he has to have a room by himself because he has a touch of the flu. Yes test came back today he still has the flu. Poor Austin. It is weird that one day he is fine and the next he feels like crap. So tonight lots and lots of fluids and rest. We are off from clinic for the weekend and go back on Monday. He got some fluids today in clinic so I am sure that helped him out today. Well I better go Austin wants to sit in my lap to watch Over the Hedge.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home