li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: St. Patrick's Day!!!








Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Day!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sorry for posting this so late. It has been a non stop day. We are clinic today where Austin's shirt wasn't the only "green" thing on him. He was so sick to his stomach. I don't know what happened. He ate breakfast and drank his milk and was fine this morning. We got to clinic and were only there like thirty minutes and the threw up all over himself. He needed platelets of course. He still had some rash on him from yesterday. They gave him benadryl and tylenol as premeds since he reacted to blood products. I attempted to give him his premeds and he saw them and threw up all over me. It was a mess. So I waited after they gave him benadryl to give him any meds. He kept his meds all down and slept through just about all of the transfusion. He seemed car sick the whole way home but didn't throw up. He even attempted to eat. When we got home I got his bath ready. Before I could put him in the bath tub he threw up. Wasn't much though. I gave him some zofran and he hasn't really thrown up anymore. We are just now battling him drinking. I finally got him to eat again and drink a little but it isn't enough. If he doesn't pick up his drinking he will end up in the hospital for dehydration. So please say some prayers that this sickness will pass and he will be back eating and drinking again. I was told today he was already not drinking enough. We are at day 10 post transplant. We still have a ways to go and I am praying all is going to go well. We are off from clinic tomorrow. I will have to call them if he doesn't start to drink in the morning. So if your up late and your reading this please say a prayer!!

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home