li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Eye for an eye...








Monday, March 12, 2007

Eye for an eye...

Hey all,

Austin had clinic today. It was a long day due to needing platelets. Austin's eye is giving him trouble as well. Dr. Grimley thinks it could be from radiation. It tears all the time and lately he has been rubbing it along with crying. They have me putting drops in it as it could be dry or something in it. His nose is running a lot lately too. I finally broke down tonight and gave him some benadryl. Hopefully that will help. Other then that everything looks good. He is going to start going to clinic Monday/Wednesday/Friday which is great. He is taking his meds well. The only trouble he gave me tonight was putting eye drops in. I would be mad too. His eye is worrying me but I am sure I might be just over worrying. He seems to be able to see but scares me when he rolls his eyes and makes weird faces like it hurts. I am watching him like a hawk. Well Austin wants me to play so I better go.

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Austin & The rest of the Akin's Family,
Just wanted to leave you a little message saying congrats on being home, and to continue to hang in their and fight. Stay Strong. Reading your story provides inspiration!

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home