li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: A year ago today.....October 4, 2005








Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A year ago today.....October 4, 2005


Today marks a year from the first diagnosis. This picture you can see the lump on his head. He was a sick little boy. Who knew a year later we would be battling again.

We went to Patel's office this morning. Austin's counts looked good. No need for platelets today. Yeah Austin! He got a shot and I have to give him one tomorrow. We go back Friday for counts again. Patel and I feel the tumor has gone down. I noticed yesterday that his eye looks more back in socket. He felt it and said yes indeed it has down beautifully. We will do bone marrow aspiration on next Wednesday and then the following week we start chemo again.

Austin has been feeling pretty good. Still frustrated about having to wear his mask and about not going out to play. But overall he is doing well with it. He has a hard time finding something that taste good. Last night he didn't want to have anything to do with his chicken nugget so we ran up to McDonalds for a cheese burger happy meal. He thought he wanted it but then spit it out. So he then tried a french fry. He said "mmmmm" so that means it tasted good! So he ate all the fries. He didn't want to go to bed last night he wanted to stay up and play. So he wasn't very happy with me when I told him it was late and he needed to go to sleep.

Funny Story...... Austin sleeps in a toddler bed and I have a twin mattress on the floor up against his bed where I sleep. Last night I had lysoled some stuff animals and put them on my mattress. I put Austin in his bed to got to bed and but the video monitor on. I wasn't really paying attention to the monitor as I was still cleaning. I later looked and said oh he moved his head to the end of the bed. Many times I checked the monitor and saw him there sleeping. When I decided it was time for me to go to bed I went in the room and to my surprise Austin was on the mattress and he had put all the stuff animals in the bed! So I had been watching the stuff animals and not Austin. Ha Ha! He fooled me! Silly Austin!

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I suppose french fries are better than nothing, right?? I'm glad he is still feeling well for the most part.

Funny story about the stuffed animals. What a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home