li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Say Good Bye to room 32!!!








Friday, December 01, 2006

Say Good Bye to room 32!!!


Yes we are going home today. Yeah!!! Austin is getting platelets as I write. So we should be out of here in about an hour and a half. We have to stop by Patel's office to get his shots for the weekend. His white count is still down so we can not have any new visitors. Sorry. We need to wait until his counts come back up. We need to be very careful because we could end right back here since his white count is so low. So we will lay VERY low until we see his counts are up. I am scared but if we end up back here then we end up back here. We will look at it as a break. LOL This room is the pits. I have been hearing noises all day and all night above us. We are on the top floor of the Children's Hospital so I couldn't figure out what it was. I have asked and asked many nurses of what this noise is. I never heard it in any of the other rooms. So finally a PCA that works the night shift has heard it from the past two nights and wonders the same thing. It sounds like some one rolling a big chart across the floor. She is new here so she said she was going to ask. Well last night she was sitting at the nurses station and she heard the same noise there so she turned and was looking for the noise. Low and behold it was their tube system. LOL You know like they have at the banks. I laughed so hard. I thought they had large rats!!! So know every time I hear it I say there goes a tube!!! This morning they took Austin's blood for labs and a few minutes I heard the tube go. I said there goes you blood to the lab Austin.

Austin was not a happy camper this morning because the woke him up at 5:30 this morning for an xray. Austin put his hands up and looked at me like "why?" I told him he needed to talk to Patel. He was up so I put the Disney Channel on. He saw a preview for the Wiggles so he got excited. The problem is they don't come on until 6 am. So he cried. He got over it though. Six o'clock came and he watched the Wiggles and then went back to sleep.

Yesterday was a big deal for us. We found out Greg the "Yellow Wiggle" was leaving the group for medical reasons. So the understudy "Sam" is taking over. We are wondering how they are going to do this. I think they are going to need to give Sam a new color shirt and call him Sam. Nannie said his color should be green. We will see what they do.

Well I better go and help Nannie pack all our stuff up. We will update later.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home