li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Sunday Post....








Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday Post....


Austin eating dinner tonight. Yes that is ketchup on his head. Thanks for the Wiggles tray Diana and Angela!!!


There isn't too much to post today. Austin is feeling a little better. We think the fever is gone. I think he is having some kind of pain. Not sure. The night nurse and I think when he urinates it might burn. It seems to bother him a lot at night. He is very clingy tonight. He keeps waking up and having me hold him. Then he passes out in my arms. I mean dead asleep in my arms.I go to lay him down and he cries but is still asleep. If I get up he knows and starts to cry. Dr. Moore, the on call doctor that admitted Austin, told us the earliest we could get out would be Tuesday and we could stay up to ten days. It all depends on no fever, cultures come back negative every day, counts go up, eats well, drinks well, and is going to the bathroom okay. So we will see. Tomorrow is his last dose of the Temodar. Of course we think more then likely there will be other rounds of this drug with some time in between like chemo. We will hopefully find out more when Patel comes back tomorrow. Austin is eating some still. He doesn't drink as much as he usually does but he is still drinking. He actually was on his normal sleeping schedule here as he does at home. He misses his dogs. He saw a dog on TV that looked like abby, he said "hi abby" then he started crying. Poor Austin. I hope we don't have to stay here much longer. His big thing right now is to tell everyone "no", and shake his head no when saying it. No is clear as can be. I will ask him if he wants milk and he says "no" so clear. How he is growing up so fast. Well I better get to bed and get some sleep. I am sure Austin will have me up to watch cartoons early tomorrow.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home