li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Long night......








Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Long night......


Austin fell asleep last night early but then woke up around 10:30 pm and was up until 2 am wide awake. I myself was wide awake. He threw up once last night. It was a little amount. To my surprise Austin was up at 8 am this morning. I thought he would sleep longer. They just gave him some benadryl so maybe he will take a good nap. He is not up for much eating and drinking. He doesn't want milk so he sips on soda. He ate a few cheetos and is now playing at the window with Nannie. He saw two air life helicopters this morning. The picture I have attached, is from this morning.

Patel came in at 8:30 this morning. He said that there was a screw up on his medicine and the nurse didn't give him manitol after his chemo. Manitol helps him pee out the chemo, but he said he did have his fluids. What upsets me is that is why we are here at the hospital, to have the combo of manitol and chemo. I talked to the nurse this morning about this and she is trying to do some research on it. She thinks it was from two nights ago. I don't know how Patel knew about this. Two nights ago, we were fast asleep so I have no clue. Patel also said that his LDH level was high but that it was good because that is telling us the chemo is attacking the tumor. He said his LDH was low before chemo. Also the fluid in the right lung is gone and it just is wet in there. He said he is hoping to send us home by the weekend. We will keep our fingers crossed. I do see the swelling down and Patel reminded me that last time it took two weeks for it to go all the way down. So we are keeping positive. Monkey is right up against me sleeping with his "blankie". I wonder if he stayed up last night because he didn't have his blankie. He blankie got sent home with Nannie to be washed because it got chemo pee on it. One other time at home he didn't sleep well at night because his blankie was in the dryer. Once he got it he seemed to go to sleep. We will see how he is tonight.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home