li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Better day.....








Monday, October 30, 2006

Better day.....



Today Austin was in a better mood. He played a lot at the window and has figured out how to get out of the bed. Oh boy!!!

So I guess you want some news?!?!?! Sorry I didn't update sooner, it is hard with Austin trying to get around. Right now he is eating so I am able to. Patel said the CT did NOT show the tumor around the eye to have gotten bigger. He said he does see the "puffiness" and possible that the tumor has moved. They did find fluid in his right lung. They are watching that with chest xrays. No need for a tube right now. A nurse told me that could be caused by the chemo. Chemo does strange things. I did find out he will have another round of chemo according to Patel. He said next time we will do chemo in exactly three weeks, no waiting for counts to go up.He was worried this would push us into holidays but I told him I didn't care and Austin doesn't understand the holidays yet anyway. We need to do what we need to do. He did talk to Dr. Grimley about the cord blood transplant. So I think Grimley is getting things rolling on that. Austin eye is still "puffy" looks the same to me if not larger. So we will see. Austin is eating still, a little at a time. Chicken nuggets and fries. Still drinking his milk and no vomiting yet. He gags a little but that is all. Right now he is watching the wiggles and playing with a spoon. He was attempting to eat applesauce but decided it wasn't for him. I will update tomorrow.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home