li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Weekend took a detour......








Saturday, October 28, 2006

Weekend took a detour......


Not my choice of places, but we are at Methodist Children's Hospital. Last night Austin woke up around midnight crying and screaming. I would rock him back to sleep and put him back to bed to find him on the monitor tossing and turning. Finally after many attempts I put him in the bed with me. I gave him some milk as he seemed to be thirsty and thought it would solve the problem. Little did I know it would create a bigger problem. After drank his milk, he tossed around a while and then sat up and threw up all over me. So I bathed him, gave him some benadryl and Zofran, and we set up tent out in the living room to watch cartoons. He tried and tried to fall asleep again. Once again he sat up and threw up for the second time. Poor thing. So cleaned him up again. We watched wiggles for a while and he kept wanting to sleep on top of me which he hasn't done in a while. We woke up here and there. I gave him another does of Zofran and slept until 8. When he got up he ate breakfast and did fine. I didn't offer any milk through the day. Just to be on the safe side. He went to the Alex's Lemonade Stand that was held in honor of him. But he just didn't seem his self. I had funny feelings all day as I watched his eye. Well I hate to say this but the swelling in the side is back and the eye is bulging again. Looks the way it did when he first relapsed. So I called Patel. He said this is not good. I told him about the eye and the swelling and I had these funny feelings again. (he knows what I am talking about) and he told me that he looked at his head yesterday and didn't see it back but that he is going to go on my feeling because you can not ignore it. He also said lets start sooner then later. So here we are at the hospital and chemo just arrived and they are preparing it and getting his premeds. I am sure we will talk to Patel in the morning. Not sure he believed me as to the swelling because he kept calling the nurses and having them run in to look. That's okay, I didn't want to believe it either. So he will have chemo through the night. He already feels sick to his tummy so we might have a long night. He is just now trying to drift off to sleep as I write. I will update tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's support on the lemonade stand. It was a huge success. Glad we could make that.

Thanks to Aunt Amanda, Uncle Jerry, Aunt Jenn,Uncle Alan, Grandmama, Pa, Pop and Nannie for your hard work and donations for the lemonade stand.

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home