li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: I am getting sleepy........








Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I am getting sleepy........


Austin did well for his CT scan. He actually fell asleep before they gave him the sedation. He started talking to the nurses when he figured out where he was. We think he associates pedi prep and hold as a place to take a nap. CT was scheduled for noon and they took him in at 11am.Yeah!! To our advantage there was only one kid in the pedi prep and hold so Austin didn't have to wear his mask in there (he wasn't planning on wearing it anyways). After his scan, Austin decided to take his nap. We sat there probably for an hour until he finally woke up. To my surprise he actually drank some apple juice (only a little). Yeah Austin. So we got to go home. We stopped at the Chick-fil-a (have I told you before that is Austin's favorite?!?!LOL) and he was excited. So he ate ALL of his chicken (6 nuggets) and some fries (guess I would eat that much to if I didn't get to get breakfast). When we got home I noticed Patel's office called at 1pm. I called back. The news is, everyone sitting down???? IT RESPONDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Austin!! Next we will have a bone marrow aspiration Friday (8:30). Then we move on to chemo the next week. I am feeling so good about our news. I am getting ready to go get Austin a surprise for being so good. I will get one for Friday too. Poor thing has to get sedated again. I have great feelings about everything and this CT proved to me that they may be true!!!


Elizabeth

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Austin,

Did I ever tell you; that you are so darn cute!!!

I love you Buddy!!

Great Aunt Carrie

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Austin!!!! Grandmama loves you a bunch.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Goooo Austin! What great news. And you are SUCH a tough guy!

www.freewebs.com/kidscancercrusade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home