li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Hooray for Methodist Radiology!








Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hooray for Methodist Radiology!





We sailed through the CT scan today. I was so worried but about today but Methodist Radiology department has changed their routine. Instead of the radiologist pushing the nasty drug Nembutal that we don't like, they have a anesthesiologist there to give a nice drug called Precedex. His reaction was similar to the drug they gave him in radiation called Propofol. So he was no groggy all day. We basically had a normal day. He was just a little extra sleepy. He got up earlier then he usually does so I am sure that had some to do with it too. Nannie didn't feel well so we had our friend Jennifer accompany us. Sorry Jenn for having you up so early. We had to be there at 7:30 am and they were suppose to be taking him to the scan at 8:45 but the didn't access his port until 8:45. It was after 9 when they took him. But the scan was fast. He woke up crying but only think it was because a little girl was in there that wasn't very happy. He also wanted to stay asleep to finish his nap. He slept in the car and we stopped by Nannie's house to see her since she wasn't feeling good yesterday and we played with the dogs. We got home and after awhile I notice he kept putting his head down like he was tire. He did play very hard today. So I laid him down for a nap. After and hour and a half he woke up but was still tired, so I laid down with him. Well needless to say we didn't get up until a little after six! I guess we were tired. So Austin went to be a little late tonight but he didn't fight it too much. He is doing very well at putting himself to sleep in his own room now.

Well I know everyone's question is "when do you find out results?" I am pretty sure we will find out at Friday's appointment with Dr. Patel. I am very nervous to find out the outcome. I haven't been sleeping well. This to me is the scariest of all scans. To find out if the disease has come back or not. I do find myself always looking for bumps on him. I have even gotten bad as to where I find myself feeling for bumps on my niece. Oh well, rather be safe then sorry.

I will post Friday with the results. Remember you can leave comments at the end of this post. Just click on comments. Please pray that the scans come back clean!!! Talk to your Friday!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home