li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: It's A Girl!!!








Friday, September 15, 2006

It's A Girl!!!


No we are not having another baby. But we do have a new addition to the family. She is a sweet little dog. We have named her Abby. We got her through an organization that rescues dogs from the pound. We are so glad to have her join our family. Austin is in love with her. Gizmo is being the big brother to her. The cats just don't care. So now we can call us "7th Heaven" two parents, two dogs, two cats and one wonderful toddler!

Austin seems to be feeling much better now that he has been on his antibiotics for 48 hours. He took one long nap today which seems to be working for him. He still fights me when he has to have his diaper changed and when it is time to take medicine. I have been told by our friends with children his age that their kids are doing it too. Thank God it just isn't Austin. We were out talking to our neighbor tonight and he made the comment "six more months and the terrible two's will be here", I said," you haven't heard him screaming? The terrible twos came six months early." We laughed.

We are going on a road trip this weekend. Jason "the biker" is going to do a few rides in Fort Davis, Texas and Austin and I are going along for the ride. (in the car that is) Austin and I just plan to hang out at the hotel. Thought it would be nice to just get away. I wasn't sure if Austin and I were going to get to go since he hasn't been feeling well. Also I was worried about leaving Sugar. (I still am worried) but he is doing fine. Still has his head tilt, but his eyes are moving back an forth. He goes back for his recheck Monday. Mom is going to come over everyday to check on him and feed him and Tigger. So he should be fine. Probably will be nice and relaxing for him not to have to hear Austin scream.

We go to Patel's tomorrow for ear check and blood counts. Hopefully all will look well. I probably won't have time to post tomorrow so I will try and post Sunday night. Have a great weekend. Pray that Sugar will be fine without us this weekend.

Elizabeth