li ar Austin Akin's Cancer Battle: Father's Day with Austin








Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day with Austin


Hi Guys,

I hope everyone had a happy Father's Day! We had a great one. Austin visited both sets of grandparents, his great-grandmother, aunt and uncles and his wonderful cousins. He loves to play with his three year old cousin Dylan. They have been to the Zoo together and had a blast.

We heard from the Radiation clinic today. They need to do another CT scan. Nothing is wrong in fact they said comparing the scan from march (two weeks after surgery) it looks really good. It is just that the area where they need to do radiation is fuzzy. They told me they usually have to do oral contrast but you can't get a baby to drink it so they will have to put a tube down his throat. We will have that sometime on Wednesday. We don't know a time yet.

Austin has been working very hard on his walking. Soon he will be running all over the house. We are still working on him sleeping in his crib. His room is right next to the air condition unit and when it kicks on it wakes him up. He won't go back to sleep unless he is on Jason or I. I end up with him on me on the couch. Last night I drug the mattress from the other room into his room and slept in there with him. It wasn't great sleep. He rolled off the mattress onto the floor.


I hope everyone has a great week and I will update you on our visit to CTRC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home